MUGLA-IZMIR SHOOK HANDS FOR THE YOUTH
Bülent Karakuş, Chairman of Executive Board of Muğla Chamber of Commerce and Industry (MUTSO), and Ekrem Demirtaş, Chairman of Executive Board of Izmir Chamber of Commerce and President of IUE Board of Trustees, signed a protocol in Muğla for a bright future of Muğla youth. First degree blood relatives of members of Muğla Chamber of Commerce and Industry and District Chambers qualified for 15% discount in annual tuition fees of Izmir University of Economics as part of the protocol.
Along with Karakuş and Demirtaş, IUE Rector Prof. Dr. Oğuz Esen, Şükrü Altınay, President of the Council of the Chamber, Mevlüt Acar, Vice President of the Council, Mehmet Çüçen, Secretary General, and council members attended the protocol ceremony.
‘For the Future of Muğla…’
President Ekrem Demirtaş stated that he spent more than half of his life in Izmir working for the development of Izmir, however, he always felt very proud to be from Milas, from Muğla. President Demirtaş said there were currently more than 494 students from Muğla studying at IUE, and he wanted that number to increase for the future of Muğla.
‘Investing For Science Valley’
Demirtaş, who gave information about investments and development strategies of IUE, stated the following:
“Dimensioning plans for Güzelbahçe Campus have already been established. Our Department of Architecture is working together with American architects on establishing the master plan. Güzelbahçe Campus will be a science valley. Faculty of Engineering will be there. There will be studies on space technology, robot technology. We will also offer K-12, all the way to university education in Güzelbahçe. We will teach 3 languages starting from 3rd grade. We are not going to select super intelligent students however; students with certain IQ’s will be admitted, because Turkey cannot afford to excel by imitating. We need to sell knowledge and technology; otherwise, we will continue as an avarege state.”
‘We Have Dreams and Goals’
President Demirtaş stated that they also planned to construct a building for Faculty of Law on an open lot in front of the Dormitory. “We’ve purchased a new lot for Faculty of Medicine which is only 500 meters away from the Balçova Campus; however we realized that it was not big enough to realize our dreams. A bigger lot is necessary for a bigger hospital. We are currently working on that issue. We will move the Faculty of Health Sciences and Vocational School of Health Services to the new space. Our needs are endless, and physical structure is not enough. Education system has changed. Our next goal is to produce knowledge. To produce graduates who are ready to work. If he is an architect, he will start drawing projects as soon as he graduates. We train them that way. They will be more knowledgeable and skillful than the ones in the market currently. We want them to overcome difficulties, make a difference. We want them to earn good money. We focus on our dreams and goals,” said President Demirtaş.
‘We Consider the Needs of Business World’
IUE Rector Prof. Dr. Oğuz Esen, who delivered a presentation to MUTSO Council Members, stated that Izmir University of Economics trained entrepreneurial, innovative youth. He said, “The University was established with the support of Izmir Chamber of Commerce, significant representative of business world, in 2001. Therefore, we take the demands coming from business world into consideration seriously. We are training qualified graduates who can speak at least to languages. We have become one of the distinguished higher education institutions in our 14th year with more than 8 thousand graduates and 7 thousand 500 students. We are the only foundation university in Aegean Region to offer education in English. We want to contribute to the development of Muğla by educating their successful students at Izmir Economics.”
‘Our wish came true’
MUTSO Chairman Bülent Karakuş pointed that they were waiting for the opportunity to arrive and now with this protocol their wish came true. He said, “My son also graduated from Izmir University of Economics. The protocol we signed today will allow many more young minds to receive good education. Muğla will become stronger with youth with strong education.”
What are the terms?
1. This discount is applied to Students accepted on “General (paying tuition fee)”.
2. It is given to first degree blood relatives of members of Muğla Chamber of Commerce and Industry and District Chambers who are real persons or legal persons, and first degree blood relatives of people who are representatives of legal persons that have the authority to represent and bind, and who have partnerships for the past year at the same time
3. A total of 15% discount is applied to tuition fees of these students.
4. Members of Muğla Chamber of Commerce and Industry and District Chambers who are real persons or legal persons, will be able to benefit from this discount only once for each membership.
5. This discount is valid for regular education periods; it does not cover summer school fees, dormitory fees, and extended education periods.
6. Documents mentioned below need to be submitted in order to benefit from this discount:
- Registration certificate from Muğla Trade Registry Office (for real people).
- Document proving the partnership for the past year from Muğla Trade Registry Office (for real people) and document proving the legal persons having the authority to” represent and bind”.
- ID copies of students and parents who are going to benefit from the discount.
7. Students, who wish to benefit from this discount, need to submit their documents to Financial Affairs Directorate at final registration or the end of October the latest. Discounts will be in effect in the following semester, and discount for fall semester is reflected in spring semester fees.
NEWS |ALL NEWS
ŞAKRAN PENAL INSTITUTION VISIT
Students of Prison Administration and Enforcement Law Course have visited Şakran Penal Institution in company with Our Faculty Member Prof. Dr. Timur Demirbaş and Asst.
Field Trip to Penal Institution with Students
Prof. Dr. Timur Demirbaş (academic member of Law Faculty) and Vocational School of Justice's students visited to penal institution where is in