FUTURE OF DENIZLI IS AT ‘IZMIR UNIVERSITY OF ECONOMICS’
Necdet Özer, Chairman of Executive Board of Denizli Chamber of Commerce (DTO) and IUE Rector Prof. Dr. Oğuz Esen signed a protocol for the youth of Denizli. First degree blood relatives of members of Denizli Chamber of Commerce qualified for 15% discount in annual tuition fees of Izmir University of Economics as part of the protocol. Along with Özer ile Prof. Dr. Esen, Ahmet Özkan Haybat, Member of Executive Board of DTO, Erol Kaya, Member of DTO Council, Ali Rıza Tekin, Secretary General of DTO, and Mehmet Özgü Manisalı, graduate of IUE and an entrepreneur from Denizli, attended the protocol ceremony that took place at Denizli Chamber of Commerce.
Prof. Dr. Oğuz Esen stated that IUE trained entrepreneurial, innovative youth. He said, “The University was established with the support of Izmir Chamber of Commerce, Health and Education Foundation in 2001. In 1923 at the 1st National Economy Congress in Izmir, it was stated that the chambers of commerce needed to establish universities in big cities. Our university was established as a result of that will. There is a historical connection. We are training qualified graduates who can speak at least two languages efficiently in order to meet the needs of the business world.”
‘Successful Students of Denizli’
Prof. Dr. Esen reported that there were many students from Denizli, and he believed that was a result of the performance of the secondary schools in the city. Esen said that they trained graduates who have strong communication skills and practical experiences. The Rector stated that IUE was amongst the best 500 universities worldwide and with a 3 million dollar investment, all classrooms on campus were digitalized and students followed courses by connecting via their mobile equipment.
‘’Izmir Economics for New Generations of Denizli’
Chairman Necdet Özer pointed that students who studied at IUE did good job when they returned to their hometown. He said, “When we look at the export statistics, we can see that we need young people to run our factories. It makes us happy and proud to see that our students who study at Izmir University of Economics, come back to Denizli and run their businesses. We see that third generation is running businesses in Denizli. This shows us that a university compatible with international development is very necessary. Denizli will grow even bigger thanks to this protocol.”
What are the terms?
1. This discount is applied to Students accepted on “General (paying tuition fee)”.
2. It is given to first degree blood relatives of members of Denizli Chamber of Commerce who are real persons or legal persons, and first degree blood relatives of people who are representatives of legal persons that have the authority to represent and bind, and who have partnerships for the past year at the same time
3. A total of 15% discount is applied to tuition fees of these students.
4. Members of Denizli Chamber of Commerce who are real persons or legal persons, will be able to benefit from this discount only once for each membership.
5. This discount is valid for regular education periods; it does not cover summer school fees, dormitory fees, and extended education periods.
6. Documents mentioned below need to be submitted in order to benefit from this discount:
- Registration certificate from Denizli Trade Registry Office (for real people).
- Document proving the partnership for the past year from Denizli Trade Registry Office (for real people) and document proving the legal persons having the authority to” represent and bind”.
- ID copies of students and parents who are going to benefit from the discount.
7. Students, who wish to benefit from this discount, need to submit their documents to Financial Affairs Directorate at final registration or the end of October the latest. Discounts will be in effect in the following semester, and discount for fall semester is reflected in spring semester fees.
NEWS |ALL NEWS
ŞAKRAN PENAL INSTITUTION VISIT
Students of Prison Administration and Enforcement Law Course have visited Şakran Penal Institution in company with Our Faculty Member Prof. Dr. Timur Demirbaş and Asst.
Field Trip to Penal Institution with Students
Prof. Dr. Timur Demirbaş (academic member of Law Faculty) and Vocational School of Justice's students visited to penal institution where is in