FUTURE OF BURHANIYE IS AT IZMIR UNIVERSITY OF ECONOMICS’
Hüseyin Sarıbaş, Chairman of Burhaniye Chamber of Commerce and IUE Rector Prof. Dr. Oğuz Esen signed a protocol for the youth of Burhaniye. First degree blood relatives of members of Burhaniye Chamber of Commerce qualified for 15% discount in annual tuition fees of Izmir University of Economics as part of the protocol.
Prof. Dr. Oğuz Esen, in his speech at the Burhaniye Chamber of Commerce, stated that IUE trained entrepreneurial, innovative youth. He said, “The University was established with the support of Izmir Chamber of Commerce, Health and Education Foundation in 2001. In 1923 at the 1st National Economy Congress in Izmir, it was stated that the chambers of commerce needed to establish universities in big cities. Our university was established as a result of that will. There is a historical connection. We are training qualified graduates who can speak at least two languages efficiently in order to meet the needs of the business world.”
Prof. Dr. Esen said that they trained graduates who have strong communication skills and practical experiences. The Rector stated that IUE was amongst the best 500 universities worldwide. “The University became digital. All classrooms on campus were digitalized with a 3 million dollar investment, students will be able to follow courses by connecting via their mobile equipment, and academicians abroad will be able to lecture courses,” said Esen.
‘Qualified Staffing for 2023’
Chairman Hüseyin Sarıbaş reported that well qualified workforce was required to reach 500 million dollar export in order to meet 2023 targets of Turkey. Sarıbaş also stated that being a university graduate alone was not enough. He said, “The world is getting smaller but sectors are growing rapidly. There is a competition against well educated, well-trained people across the world. We need specialized youth. We strongly believe that Burhaniye youth will receive the best education at Izmir University of Economics.”
What are the terms?
1. This discount is applied to Students accepted on “General (paying tuition fee)”.
2. It is given to first degree blood relatives of members of Burhaniye Chamber of Commerce who are real persons or legal persons, and first degree blood relatives of people who are representatives of legal persons that have the authority to represent and bind, and who have partnerships for the past year at the same time
3. A total of 15% discount is applied to tuition fees of these students.
4. Members of Burhaniye Chamber of Commerce who are real persons or legal persons, will be able to benefit from this discount only once for each membership.
5. This discount is valid for regular education periods; it does not cover summer school fees, dormitory fees, and extended education periods.
6. Documents mentioned below need to be submitted in order to benefit from this discount:
- Registration certificate from Burhaniye Trade Registry Office (for real people).
- Document proving the partnership for the past year from Burhaniye Trade Registry Office (for real people) and document proving the legal persons having the authority to” represent and bind”.
- ID copies of students and parents who are going to benefit from the discount.
7. Students, who wish to benefit from this discount, need to submit their documents to Financial Affairs Directorate at final registration or the end of October the latest. Discounts will be in effect in the following semester, and discount for fall semester is reflected in spring semester fees.
NEWS |ALL NEWS
ŞAKRAN PENAL INSTITUTION VISIT
Students of Prison Administration and Enforcement Law Course have visited Şakran Penal Institution in company with Our Faculty Member Prof. Dr. Timur Demirbaş and Asst.
Field Trip to Penal Institution with Students
Prof. Dr. Timur Demirbaş (academic member of Law Faculty) and Vocational School of Justice's students visited to penal institution where is in